Craniocervical junction abnormalities are congenital or acquired abnormalities of the occipital bone, foramen magnum, or first two cervical vertebrae that decrease the space for the lower brain stem and cervical cord.
- Download the files from wetransfer link sent by the doctor.
- Open 3dSlicer.
- Click on Load DICOM Data.
- Import new data(folder) by clicking on Import Button.
- Load the Contrast volume.
- Choose the Segment Editor menu.
- Add a new segment by clicking on Add.
- Choose the threshold option below and choose the appropriate value depending upon the region you want to select.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on Show 3D.
- Now edit the segment using Scissors and Island tools.
- Now export the stl by clicking on the triangular button situated near segmentations option.
- Open the file in meshmixer for further editing.
- Use sculpting tool to smoothen the part.