- Silky material.
- Low friction coefficient so it is ideal for moving parts.
- High tensile strength. (we can give example of nylon rope which has exceptional tensile strength)
- Hygroscopic so nylon 12 is favourable as compared to nylon 6 since nylon 12 is less sensitive to moisture as compared to nylon 6.
- Due to water absorption properties, we can dye nylon for interesting results.
- Have to store your nylon spool in an airtight bag with desiccant to avoid it from moisture absorption.
- If you are getting an uneven finish quality or even popping during printing then you will need to dry it out.
- Nozzle temperature: 260 ± 10 ⁰C
- Bed temperature: 120 ⁰C
- Speed: 25-27 mm/s
- Chamber: Closed
- Adhesion: PVA Glue Stick required for first layer adhesion because it is prone to warping if you don’t use the right surface for adhesion.
- Always dry it before use.
Recommended profile link
- High performance machine parts (buckles, gears etc.)
- High performance tools
- Living hinges