- Polylactic acid commonly known as PLA is a biodegradable thermoplastic.
- It is easy to print as there is no shrinkage or warping issues occur during printing.
- PLA can form so many composites as it is easy to blend with other material some commonly used composites are SS-PLA, wood-PLA,
- PLA is derived from natural resources so it can be constantly renewed.
- Printed objects will usually have a glossier look & feel
- It cannot stand too much heat, as standard PLA becomes soft around 50°C, but we can improve it by blending it with other materials.
Technical data sheet
- Nozzle temperature: 210 ± 10 °C
- Bed temperature: 30-40 °C
- Printing speed: 65-70 mm/s
- Adhesion: ABS paste
- Chamber: Open
Recommended profile link
- Can be used in food packaging, bags, disposable tableware, upholstery, disposable garments, hygiene products and even diapers.
- Surgically implanted screws, pins, artistic prints, rods or mesh simply break down in the body within 6 months to 2 years.